You can Screenshot Macbook easily with various techniques. There are multiple methods with which you can simply take a screenshot on macOS either by using keyboard commands or by using external apps. However some methods also allows you to print-screen whole or specific part of your screen.
No matter you have Macbook Air, Macbook Pro or any other model we will share the method which works on all devices. Here below you can find comprehensive steps to capture a screenshot on your Mac. The video lets you understand the whole concept a little more easier.
How To ScreenShot Macbook – 4 Methods
1. Capture Full Screenshot on Macbook
- Press & hold these three keys (Command + Shift +3) at the same time to capture the full screen shot on Macbook until you hear camera sound.
- The screenshot file (in .png format) will be saved on your desktop with a name Screenshot-date-time format.
2. Capturing Screenshot of Specific Part
- Press & hold (Command + Shift + 4) simultaneously and select the area you want to capture screenshot by dragging & using left click on your mouse.
- You can also use ESC key to cancel your screenshot and start over again. When you release the left click screenshot will be automatically saved.
3. Saving Screenshot on Clipboard
- Press & hold CTRL while using any of the above screenshot command this will save your screenshot to clipboard instead of .png file.
- After that, you can paste the screenshot in any other app by using the command + V action.
4. Taking a Screenshot in Mac Preview
- You can also take screenshots in preview for that first of all open Preview.
- From the top menu bar click on “File” and look for the option “take Screenshot” hover the cursor over it and select the desired type of Screenshot.
- Next, the image will open instantly you have to save it by using the file menu again. Enter an image name and format then save it.