Do you want to delete Snapchat? No matter whatever the reason for which you want to deactivate SnapChat account. People normally start looking to close Snapchat account either when there are some other important things to do or when all the friends are shifted to any other chatting app.
Fortunately, there are ways to allow you to close your Snapchat account with official way. Once you initiate the Snapchat deactivation process there is 30-days waiting time before your account is permanently deleted. If you sign-in back within this 30-day period, you will simply activate your account and it stops Snapchat delete process.
How Can I delete Snapchat Account Permanently
As we said earlier, it will take 30-days to permanently delete your Snapchat account. So, you have to wait for this period after initiating the request to deactivate your Snapchat account. Moreover, when you start the Snapchat deleting process, your friends will no longer be able to interact or chat with you on SnapChat. To start the process, follow the below steps.
- Open your browser & then enter Snapchat.com in URL bar.
- Next, find the option “Community” & then move to “Support” under the sub-menu.
- Now look for “myAccount & Security” available at the left-hand options pane.
- Click on “Account Information” & then look for option “Delete my Account” select it.
- Carefully, read the information before you continue to next step.
- If willing to perform the action, click on the link Snapchat “Accounts Portal“
- Here now just provide your username & password
- To confirm you decision, again you have to provide your username & password.
- Finally, everything is done. Now just wait for 30-days to permanently delete your Snapchat account.
Things to Consider Before You Deactivate Snapchat Account
Some things are really important to consider in fact critical in nature therefore it is important that you know that. We always recommend you to take a backup of your Snapchat data. The backup of Snapchat includes information about your login history, Snap history, account information, location history, profile data, friends overview, and search history also.
But the question is how you download the data from your SnapChat account.
- First of all login to your Snapchat account
- There is an option “My Data” tap on it and then move to “Submit Request“
- After few hours, Snapchat will email you a link once your account backup data is ready to be downloaded. Just you have to use that link to download the backup copy.
Remember, that if you have initiated the request for data backup do not delete your account until you receive the backup copy in the email. If you request for Snapchat account data and after that start the account delete process the backup will never arrive. Therefore, first wait for backup to arrive then initiate the account delete process.